Monday, June 2, 2008

My Trip to Old Oakland

Friday was a lot of fun at our trip to Old Oakland. I never knew that every Friday we had a Farmer’s market there! Most of the sellers were from out of town, but they were all very nice and friendly. The best part of the farmer’s market was definitely the samples, yummm! I got to sample many different foods from fruits and vegetables (all organic), to granola and Indian food, everything I tried was hella good. I think I’m SO going to start going there every Friday for some food lol. But food wasn’t the only thing that was being sold out there, there was also this lady selling beautiful hand made jewelry, and this guy selling African type clothing, and t-shirts and stuff. The jewelry-selling lady told me that everything that was being sold HAD to be hand made, nothing could be bought and sold, so I thought that was pretty cool.
After all of that sampling I decided that I wanted to try some food from a restaurant near by, right in front of the market at a Sushi place. I had smoked salmon and avocado rolls, and I also tried some chicken teriyaki rolls, they were delicious! I forgot what the place is called but when I remember I will let you know. It was great and I would definitely recommend it to others, but you would probably want to get your sushi TO GO. The waiters were kind of creepy, and not that friendly. But anywho, don’t forget to go to Old Oakland this Friday and get some yum-o food!

2 comments:

Ralo said...

i didnt know they were giving out samples. sushi Is hela nasty jajaj

-ralo

Lee said...

I'm glad you went out of your comfort zone and tried different types of food! I think you will find many other types of food that you enjoy.

Some of my favorite foods include: Laotian, Eritrean, Korean, Afghani, Indian, and of course, Chinese!